Sunday, September 5, 2010

fotos de mi primer día en Bogotá

Iglesa hermosa en Usaquen

Almuerzo - patacon caribeñe

Sundays they shut down a number of streets in Bogotá for bicycles & pedestrians.

Harp player in the middle of the artesan market in Usaquen

A day is not complete without seeing a crime wagon!

This is a photo of a story teller in the park of Usaquen. He told stories about the origin of women (relating to Tarzan feeling lonely and asking God for a mate, and then asking for the power to shut the woman up.... machismo!), stories about love, stories about messengers of a king competing for the title of "the King's fastest messenger" which ended in the smartest of them all asking for intelligence to cross a river, and being turned into a woman... All kinds of stories. There was a whole group of storytellers (this is apparently a common cultural tradition here), and one of them was a famous actor & radio broadcaster, who at one point read out stupid quotes. It was a pretty funny afternoon activity, and everyone was enthralled. I was just glad that I somehow understood most of the stories. I may not be able to speak fluently (yet), but I seem to be able to understand most everything.

No comments: