Friday, October 15, 2010

New Englander Through & Through. What I miss

Well, there hasn't been much to report these past few days, since I have been lying in bed most of the time, so I have been absent from the blog.

Today is halfway through, and aside from a strategic meeting that I scheduled with my bosses, and then proceeded to create the agenda & execute the meeting in an orderly fashion, there is still nothing to report.

So instead of writing about what I'm living, I'll write a list of things I am missing. Of course, this might also be on my mind since I have been sick, and nothing makes a person miss home more than being sick, I think.

Things I love & miss about home:

  • FAMILY
  • friends
  • (ok, those too were pretty obvious)
  • Fall colors
  • Fall smells (probably my favorite sense)
  • Fall breezes. Good god those breezes....
  • Sweaters & warm socks & close-toed shoes & boooooooooots
  • Salinger's Apple Orchard trek & all of the accompaniments: apples (duh), photos, doughnuts, cider, pies, etc.
  • Soccer (in the fall)
  • Hiking in the fall
  • Cafes - despite being the main source of the coffee you drink in Starbucks or its locally owned (better) counterpart, Colombia lacks that scene, where people head to a cafe & work/write/read for hours. Maybe just Ibagué lacks.... I think I saw a couple in Bogotá
  • Communication. Wouldn't it be loverly to be able to speak to a real live person in person in my native tongue?
  • Lazy rainy days. Don't get me wrong, we have rain here, but I never can just snuggle into bed/couch with a book.
  • My down comforter. And while I'm at it, my bed. Oh lordy do I miss you, feather-bedded-futon. 
  • Pumpkins for eating, & pumpkin flavored things
  • Taking pictures. I never take pictures here. It is so very strange. Must be all of the dire warnings I get from friends that I will be robbed if I have expensive things on my person.
  • Those fall days where it has been cold for a while, so everyone is accustomed to bundling up, and then the sun comes out and its gloriously warming, despite a crisp breeze. And then lying out in the grass on that kind of day.
  • Scarves (it is just too sweaty here to wear them!)
  • My bike
  • Oceans/beaches
  • Wearing hats
  • The prospect of snow :)
  • Snuggling. Fall is surely the best ever season for snuggling
  • Tea of all kinds on a chilly evening
  • Fall veggies
  • Shanty fires + music played by friends
Well, there you have it. A short list of some of the things I miss in this moment. <3
Stonecrest

Waltham Sunset






1 comment:

Katie said...

I miss youuuu! And all those things as well.