Saturday, October 23, 2010

Facilitator of facilitators

Just had day 1 of our 2 day training for the facilitators that will be implementing the first phase of A Ganar (beginning Monday).

I designed the entire presentation, including editing videos to incorporate into my presentation, and apart from approximately 5 minutes of time that the program coordinator was willing to lead/facilitate, I led the entire training. I was super annoyed/stressed before we began at midday, since the coordinator hadn't shown up for the pre-training meeting where we would distribute presentation responsibilities, and because I was responsible for training these professionals in the program methodology, considering my Spanish isn't perfect and I am the INTERN, but I ROCKED IT. I was well understood, and though not as thoroughly inspired as we all were after Patricio's training, I think people walked away with knowledge of the program and a serious desire to use A Ganar to EMPOWER youth! Wooooo!

No comments: