Friday, October 15th was the first deadline for a thesis draft at the Heller School. I have yet to choose a topic.
First of all, we haven't started the program yet, so how am I supposed to know what I will have to write about? Along the same line, I leave come March 31. Since we haven't yet started, it is highly unlikely that we will have "results" by then, or even be finished with trainings/internship placement.
Second of all, most of what I come up with in terms of a question that I can write about relating to A Ganar is kind of...."duh." Not ground breaking. Not important to the field of development/youth empowerment. Of course participation in this kind of program is going to have an impact on "empowerment" among at-risk youth.
Third of all, when the heck are we supposed to have time to be working on this stuff?? I am at the office today reading articles and reports on youth empowerment, but only because it is a holiday, so no one else is here and I don't have responsibilities to work! Maybe I should start being a bit more strict about my 40-hour work week in the contract. I have worked 55 hour weeks....
On a positive note (for you Hellerites who will recognize), I found an awesome youth empowerment framework that is based on Freirian concepts of praxis. Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment