Thursday, October 28, 2010

Creamy = best friend/biggest enemy so far

Work-wise: We have so far had the introduction and first real class with our kids. The intro was a bit of a mess, and almost half of our kids didn't come - HUGE problem. But yesterday's class on "auto desarrollo" - personal growth/development - was much more successful, and inspiring! The kids are all cool, they have what it takes. I feel awfully lucky to work with them!

Life-wise: Those of you who are connected with me on facebook know that I ate an entire jar of peanut butter in a day: 100 grams of fat. In a day. I bought 6 jars of peanut butter last week, and I have 2.5 left. HOW did that happen??? I have come to realize that I eat peanut butter because it is home-comfort, of which have roughly ZERO in this town, and so when I taste peanut butter, it sends me home, and I can't STOP. Maybe I will avoid buying more for a while... Since I have no time to work out (I get home from work when it is dark out, and not a great idea to go for a run in the dark), 100 grams of fat in a day might create a problem...

Photo-wise: I have decided that I MUST take more pictures, even though the scenery is less than inspiring in Ibagué proper... So here are a bunch of shots of randomness that will give you a glimpse of my life here!

My bestest friend in Ibagué/the source of my increasing waistline....

The bench where I wait for my taxi driver almost every morning, the Macho truck, a post-construction site...
Lunch: chickpease, asian-style rice, broccoli caserole thing, and something that might resemble a brownie, but custardy in the inside?
Chucoteca = night club for chucos (older people). There are also minitecas for underaged youth. Mac Dooglas is a McD knock off.
Cloudy mountain view
Gasoline in rainwater
I ate an entire bottle of this size the other day. It has 100 grams of fat in a bottle. Wooops.
Grafiti & Ñoño

First days of class with our youth. So exciting!

No comments: