Friday, October 22, 2010

Halloween Lollies

Well, it has been a few days, and I know there are some of you out there that check the blog daily (Dad) and will be oh so relieved to read another blurb from me. I don't have much to report, as I haven't done a single thing besides work for the past few days. The big boss is here this week from Bogotá, and everyone is stressed and panic-y.

I have worked 40 hours in 3 days.

Also, a result from the boss' visit: I am responsible for training the new facilitators that we have hired since our previous training. I have designed a presentation, working videos from our previous training and the inspiring facilitator that hosted it into my presentation. I think I have the emotion, the heart to do it, but it still seems a bit scary that the one non-native Spanish speaker of the group will be the facilitator of the training. Nervy!

A few nights ago we went to a high school in Zone 1 (where we are about 10-15 kids short in our group), to recruit more participants. There was a period of about 30 minutes where the youth who were interested in applying were "filling out applications" where I was surrounded by about 15 boys literally pushing each other out of the way to talk to me. It was a bit awkward.

Last night I ate a halloween lolly (those of you from Peru, specifically Leslie, will get the reference). Yum!

super excited
Well, that about wraps up any updates I can think of. Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right. I do check every day - actually sometimes more than once a day.