Ibagué has had heavy rains, and the surrounding towns have indeed had some mudslides, but they are more common in single story homes, and most common in areas of poverty, where the homes are less stable, which is completely unfair, since these people have no way to recover. But this is to say that I haven't been affected by the rains.
Wednesday Mom & Deb arrive, and we are traveling to the coast, where the rains have been even more intense than Ibagué & Bogotá, so we will see if it is difficult to get around. But again, the fancy hotels will experience far less damage than squatter settlements and poor neighborhoods.
And as for my lack of update these past few days, it was a supremely busy couple of days, but without too much to report. As a warning, I will probably not have much to report within the next few days, and then Mom & Deb arrive and I will not have my computer for a full week. Don't panic. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment