Thursday I worked and went to Armando's soccer game down in Espinal. They had to win in order to qualify for the finals. It was the 3rd game that Amalia and I went to, and the 3rd win (just saying...) I think my pre-game motivation paid off in terms of their victory - I said I would buy the first round of celebratory drinks if they won. I did, in fact, buy the first round, and when they all realized that I had paid they started chanting my name again. Oh boy...
Once again the night involved Aguardiente shots, and a few poor souls were vomiting out the window, to give you an idea of how much Aguardiente the team usually consumes post-game (on a Thursday night).
Friday I worked at the office in the morning, went to the office of the local professional soccer team mid-day, went to Zone 2 and played with the kids in the afternoon, and met with the Deportes Tolima captain (who happens to be my neighbor) in the evening. I went home, took a brief nap, and then headed out with Amalia & Armando to the Agricultural Engineering Beauty Pageant at Tereque, a night club here in Ibagué. We were the first to arrive for the pageant, and the club was literally empty except for us for about 20 minutes. The group ordered Aguardiente and began toasting. We arrived at 9:15. We left at 2:15. I danced. In public. The memories are a bit foggy, but nonetheless strong enough to humiliate me every time I think of it. Ha!
Saturday I headed to a private club/park with the A Ganar groups from both zones for an integration & community building day. We played some soccer, got totally soaked in a torrential downpour, went in the pool, got soaked again, ate lunch, joked around, and got soaked a third time. I was freezing, as my only shirt was wet and the sun was not out, so it was a fairly uncomfortable afternoon, but fun. The kids had a great time, which is what matters.
I got home just in time to jump in the shower (wishing with all my might that I had warm water to shower in after such a chilly day), and then headed out with the parentals to the Tolima game. We tied 2-2 with a team from Bogotá, whose fans bused down to Ibagué for the game. A fight broke out a couple of times, including once with a kid of about 15 years who was celebrating the Tolima goal and some older Santa Fe (Bogotá) fans, one of which was swinging his large umbrella at the poor kids head. After the game we were all just standing around, which I was confused about. Amalia told me we were waiting for the Santa Fe fans to leave, since they were rather aggressive/the potential for fights to break out was high. Yikes.
Now I am lying in bed, trying to catch up on lost rest from this weekend. Tomorrow it is back to work, with English class tomorrow night. Wednesday Mom & Deb arrive, and I literally can't contain my excitement! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
1 comment:
The Casey Shuffle????
Post a Comment