Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daydream Afternoon

Just had a fantasy while out at lunch. It went a little something like this:

It is a chilly but sunny autumn day. Crisp & delicious breeze, but nothing too cutting. I hiked with Daddy this morning. I get off of a T bus & walk past a green square where people are frisbee-ing & basking in sunlight. The scarf I wear around my neck is keeping me nice & cozy. I walk to a cafe on the corner. It is artsy, indie, playing decent music, full of tattooed & crazy-haired youngsters studying, reading, drawing, writing. I order something warm and snazzy, some sort of cappuccino & sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the elaborately swirled foam. Maybe I have a pastry too. Instead of wood & metal chairs they have those overstuffed arm chairs, & there is one in a corner open just for me. I can people watch without being watched back. I pop open my computer, put on headphones & start to work. I brought lunch. Salad with all kind of lettuce, hearts of palm, asparagus, quinoa, avo, all kinds of deliciousness. Chips & salsa, too. Tonight I'll go with Mom to Bones (I realize this is anti-reality, because the T is in Boston, Bones is in Denver, & hiking with Daddy would most likely take place in CT) & eat lobster-miso udon noodles & fried shoshito peppers. Heaven.......

Feels strange to me that what I fantasize about when I am away from home is such random stuff - cafe's, salad, autumn, public transportation, funkiness/subcultures, a lack of effort in communication.

No comments: