Last night we went to the first of 2 games of the Colombian professional league championships, which happens to be between my team Deportes Tolima & a team from nearby Manizales. Tolima started off a bit nervous and rough around the edges, and a trip in the box led straight to a 1-0 lead to Manizales, after a penalty kick. Later in the half a free kick from afar lead to a header goal by Wilder Medina, and it was 1-1. Early second half there was another trip in the box and Tolima took the lead 2-1 with another PK. And 2-1 was enough. The crowd was WILD, and the stadium was completely full for the first time. I was fairly uncomfortable, since we were sitting 5 people in the space of 3, and none of us was very petite. People all around had noise makers that would put the crowds at superbowls to shame. Some high pitched horn that I was lucky enough to be sitting next to, which made my eardrums bleed (not literally). I barely had room to expand my lungs with regular respiration, but we won! And that is what matters!
Sunday is game #2, in Manizales, should be an intense match.
Tomorrow we have the closing event for Phase 1 of the program. A big soccer tournament, which I fully intend to play in. And after that, there is really nothing but a couple of parties before I head to Bogotá and then home! HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment