Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 9: Zion NP to Bryce Canyon NP


This morning's hike along the Emerald Pools trail was less exciting than yesterday's epic hike, and so pictures were at a minimum. I did see a very unusual rainbow - it was almost neon. Unfortunately it was also camera shy, so the photos of it don't do it justice.



After that hike I headed out towards Bryce Canyon National Park, my last national park stop before I get home. I got in around 2 and headed off on the scenic drive to the southern tip of the park, stopping at the scenic overlooks along the way. The canyon is incredible... known for the "Hoodoos", columns of red rock that at certain places in the park seem to be from a different planet!!!!







Tomorrow I will head off on a strenuous hike down the canyon wall and into the whimsical spires and then back up. Tomorrow I arrive in Vail and see Mom!!

1 comment:

Maxwell Marquart said...

casey, i am enamored with the architecture of your landscapes and the way they just seem to cut out of the earth and into the sky, it looks so surreal. i love it, and i love dreaming about that distant day in the future when i might be able to visit. but you're heading back here soon?