The Cali/Puerto Tejada visit was quite interesting. I was tired every afternoon, maybe from running around and maybe from trying to absorb all of the information thrown at me, but I think I am walking away with a much better understanding of how to implement A Ganar better, and also just about programs in general. Strategic alliances are key. Planning (duh) is key. It is indeed possible (and in this case essential) to go beyond the minimum requirements. All things that I already knew, but here they are in practice, unlike in Ibagué, where we go through the motions. I have so many ideas for improvement!
A Ganar team in Cali
A Ganar youth in Phase 1 class, 2nd project cycle, Puerto Tejada
Parque de las Iguanas
Delish. Notice the ice block. That is the base. Shaved ice. Which they shave by hand.
Church @ Parque de las Iguanas, + a monster iguana.
Feeding on some mango peelings
Sunset over Siloe, one of the poor neighborhoods in Cali
My gracious daytime hosts. Treating me to eggplant parm, camambert cheese croquettes with green salad, and spinach and cheese in filo dough. Not to mention mango juice in milk. Slurp!
No comments:
Post a Comment